Because we care about the safety and well being of your children the Winfield Public Library Board of Trustees have approved the following:
POLICY FOR UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN IN THE LIBRARY
- Children under age 6 must be directly supervised by an adult.
- Children under age 6 may not be left in the care of anyone under the age of 18.
- Children ages 6 to 17 are free to utilize the library unattended provided their behavior is not disruptive to other patrons or library staff members. Children exhibiting disruptive behavior will be given one verbal warning and notified of this policy. If disruptive behavior continues a written warning notice will be mailed to the parents.
- The Police will be called if children are left unattended for more than ten minutes after the library closes.
- No food, loud radios, or skateboards are allowed in the library.
- Bicycles must be parked in the bike rack s on the north and south side s of the building.
- Children may pay 35 cents to use the Library phone. Parents may not call to speak to children on the library’s business phone except in an emergency.
- Use of the public washrooms is limited to one person at a time.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the library building at any time.
- Shoes and shirt must be worn by all those who enter the library.
Details of this policy may be obtained at the circulation desk. Policy effective 11/20/02 .