- Chicago Consumers' Checkbook
- Consumers' Checkbook is an independent, nonprofit consumer organization that evaluates the quality and prices of local service firms and stores, such as auto repair shops, plumbers, dentists, banks, and insurance companies.
- Consumer Reports
- Log in using your 14-digit library card number.
- Consumer Reports has been testing, rating and reviewing products since 1936. Get buying advice and product comparisons for more than 5,000 products.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- "CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction."
- Look for product recall information, laws and regulations, and safety education
- "ConsumerSafety.org strives to make information about recalls and safety-related news about drugs, medical devices, food, and consumer products accessible to everyone in a transparent, easily understandable way."
- J.D. Power
Ratings and Awards
- Each year, J.D. Power interacts with millions of consumers to better understand their opinions, perceptions, and expectations about a variety of products and services in more than a dozen industries.