- Benefits Check Up
- "Answer some questions to find benefit programs that can help you pay for medications, health care, food, utilities and more." A service of the National Council on Aging.
- Brain HQ:
Brain Training that Works
- Log in with your library card number and the same password you use for the library's catalog. You'll then create your account with your email and any password 8 digits or more.
- BrainHQ offers brain training and games for 6 core areas of cognitive function: attention, brain speed, memory, people skills, intelligence and navigation.
- BrainHQ is the only brain training website that has taken part in 44 peer-reviewed science publications. The results of a study with the American Institutes for Research, Center on Aging show that regular use of BrainHQ showed improvements in memory, attention and information processing speed.
- Eldercare Locator
- "A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families."
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Illinois State Library Talking Book and Braille Service
- The Talking Book and Braille Service (TBBS) supports the activities of the Illinois Network of Libraries Serving the Blind and Physically Handicapped in providing excellent public library service to any Illinois resident who is unable to read standard print material due to a permanent or temporary visual or physical disability.
- Meals on Wheels
- National Council on Aging
- "Techboomers.com is a free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life."
- Use Techboomers to learn how to use popular sites like Facebook, Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb and more!